What is personal data?
Personal data is information and assessments that may be linked to you as an individual.
How we process personal data
All personal data you register with us is stored adequately and treated confidentially. The data is only stored for as long as is necessary for us to be able to process the matter or perform the relevant service. We do not store more data than we need to. You will find details about how long we store the data in the information below about the various services.
Processing of personal data is subject to the current Personal Data Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our internal routines for processing personal data are in accordance with the Personal Data Act. Requirements related to information security and internal control are safeguarded.
Personal Data Act at lovdata.no (Norwegian)
Data protection, access and statistics when you use the “Troms Billett” app
When you use the “Troms Billett” app, you may travel anonymously on services offered by Troms Fylkestrafikk. This applies even if you register your payment information for later use. The reason for this is that the payment services and not Troms F that store your bank card/account details.
Personal Data Act at lovdata.no (in Norwegian)
Troms Fylkestrafikk processes personal data so we can provide more personalised and better follow-up of your customer relationship, as well as offer additional services such as:
- The possibility to transfer your ticket if you lose or damage your mobile phone.
- Faster help and clarification if you have questions about your ticket or customer relationship, etc.
What we process
We process the following information concerning you:
- Customer information: Your mobile phone number
- Sales information: Information from the sale of a ticket or top-up/use of travel credit such as time of purchase, amount, ticket type and which zone the ticket is valid for.
We only process your data if you have consented to this, or to fulfil an agreement concerning a subscription with you. You can withdraw this consent or terminate the agreement at any time.
Access and use
Access to information concerning you is restricted. You have the right to access and rectification, data portability and erasure of information concerning you.
We do not disclose your personal data to a third party unless we are required to do so by public authorities.
Storage and erasure
Your data is stored and deleted as follows:
- Your customer details are stored provided you have consented to storage.
- If you withdraw your consent, we will erase your customer information within 14 days.
- Sales information is stored for up to 365 days after the ticket has expired or 365 days after the complainant has submitted a written complaint to Troms Fylkestrafikk about a matter related to your journey. This is to enable us to deal with the customer’s right to submit a complaint to the Transport Appeals Board (Transportklagenemnda).
See Section 5-2 of the Regulations concerning the Transport Appeals Board (in Norwegian)
Permissions on your mobile phone
For “Troms Billett” to function optimally, the app must have access to certain functions on your mobile phone. You can choose to turn off these permissions, but this will mean that certain functions will then not be available or not work optimally. You can turn off these permissions in the settings of your phone.
Permissions for iPhone:
This is used when buying a ticket so that “Troms Billett” can automatically suggest a ticket for the zone you are in. If location services are turned off, you can still buy a ticket. However, you must manually enter the location from which the ticket will apply.
This is used when you need to send tickets to phone numbers stored in your contacts.
This is used to send notifications before tickets and payment cards expire. If notifications are turned off, you can still buy a ticket.
Background app refresh
This is used to update the inspection code and daily photo during the night so that, in the event of ricket inspection, you always have a valid code and photo. If background app refresh is turned off, you can still buy a ticket.
This is used to communicate with “Troms Billett” when buying a ticket. If your mobile data is turned off, you must have access to a Wi-Fi network to buy a ticket. You also require network access to be able to show the inspection code and photo in the event of a ticket inspection.
If you want to turn off permissions, you can do this under “Troms Billett” via the settings on your phone.
Permissions for Android:
Read phone status and identity
This is used to secure your ticket against forgery by linking it to your phone’s unique ID. “Troms Billett” does not have access to make phone calls.
Gain access exact location (GPS and network based)
This is used when buying a ticket to automatically suggest a ticket for the zone you are in. If location services are turned off, you can still buy a ticket. However, you must manually enter the location from which the ticket will apply.
Receive data from the internet
This is used to communicate with Troms Fylkestrafikk when buying and downloading tickets to your mobile.
Get full network access
This is used to receive error messages and information from the Troms Fylkestrafikk ticket system.
See network connections
This is used for instant error messages if the network is down. You will receive quick notifications and avoid unnecessarily long waits.
Run from start-up/automatic start from start-up
This is used to send notifications before tickets and payment cards expire.
Prevent your phone from sleeping
This is used to secure communication between your phone and the Troms Fylkestrafikk ticket system.
Check the vibration
This is used so your phone will vibrate when you receive a notification.
Read sync settings
This is used so that period tickets are updated automatically with an inspection code and photo.
Use fingerprint software
This enables you to use your fingerprint as an alternative to a password.
Read your contacts
This is used to send tickets to phone numbers stored in your contacts.
Control the transfer of data with NFC technology
This is used to read content on travel cards.
If you want to turn off permissions, you can do this via the settings on your phone.
We wish to make the app better and use Google Analytics in “Troms Billett” to collect information about use. The usage information is sent to us anonymously and cannot be linked to you as a user. However, if you do not want to share your usage information, you can turn this off via the settings in the app.
Request access to or erasure of data
If you want access to or the erasure of the stored data concerning you, you must send a request in writing, either by post or via the contact form. You can also contact our Customer Service Centre.
For privacy reasons, you will be sent data that identifies you to your postal address.
Troms og Finnmark Fylkeskommune (county authority) via Troms Fylkestrafikk is responsible for processing your personal data when you travel with us and use our services.
Troms og Finnmark Fylkeskommune (county authority) via Troms Fylkestrafikk processes your personal data pursuant to the provisions of the Personal Data Act.
In the processing of personal data, we use data processors in the areas of IT operations and support, debt collection, IT development, security guard services for ticket inspection, etc. as well as services within invoicing and debt recovery. Although some of our data processors use cloud services, the processing will take place within the EU/EEA. All data that may be linked to you is encrypted, and the encryption key is unavailable to the relevant data processor.
If you travel with or use the services of other companies that we collaborate with, this company assumes responsibility for your personal data.
We have a Personal Data Officer (PDO) to ensure that the customers’ rights are safeguarded.
In accordance with Articles 15-22 of GDPR, you have the right to:
- access stored information concerning you
- request the rectification of incorrect information concerning you
- request that the personal data is erased if you withdraw your consent for processing or if Troms Fylkestrafikk does not have lawful grounds for further processing. If you choose to have your personal data erased, it may mean that we cannot provide you with additional services. However, you can still travel with us.
- request a restriction of the processing of personal data if, for instance, you believe the data is incorrect. You may do this until the disputed data has been confirmed as correct. You also have the right to request that your personal data is stored until you have settled a legal claim.
- have your information transferred in a machine-readable format to a new data controller if, for example, you move out of Troms county.
If you want access to or the erasure of the stored information concerning you, you must send a request in writing, either by post or via the contact form. You can also contact our Customer Service Centre. For privacy reasons, you will be sent data that identifies you to your postal address.
In addition to the stored personal data, you have the right to request access to the following:
- the purpose(s) of the processing
- the type of personal data being processed
- the recipients or the categories of recipients that the personal data have been or will be disclosed to, especially recipients in third countries or international organisations
- how long the personal data is expected to be stored for (if possible) or the criteria used to determine the duration of this period
- the right to request the data controller to rectify or erase personal data or restrict the processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to the said processing
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
- If the personal data has not been collected from the data subject, all available information about where the personal data originates from.
- the occurrence of automated decisions, including profiling and relevant information about the underlying logic as well as about the significance and expected consequences of such processing for the data subject
- You can request access via the contact form or by contacting us by phone or by post.
Contact our Customer Service Centre on +47 777 8877.
If you wish to send a written request for access to information, our postal address is:
Bernh. Lund's vei 4
The consequences for your rights and freedom
Our processing has little impact on your privacy. As a customer, you may always travel anonymously with us. We process your personal data to provide you with the desired services and follow up our transport agreement with you. We do not process sensitive information, except for matters related to school transport.
The data is submitted and communicated via a secure line and is stored with restricted access. Routines are in place for various processing of personal data to ensure that your rights are safeguarded. Data protection impact assessments (DPIA) have been performed for electronic ticketing and the results are acceptable.