Free travel rights are initially valid until 1 June 2022, or until a Residence Card has been received.
– We want to contribute to this crisis with the measures we can. That is why we provide free personal travel on all public transport in Troms, says Agnete M. Hanssen from Troms and Finnmark County Council.
How do you get free public transport
- Tickets are coordinated by the municipality.
- Troms fylkestrafikk hands out 30-day tickets for 1 zone sent to each municipality on request.
- The municipality must state how many tickets they need and ensure distribution.
- Any other need for tickets (longer bus journeys, express boat/ferry) must be communicated to Troms fylkestrafikk by the municipalities.
- The municipalities is responsible for distribution of tickets.
Refugees must not contact Troms fylkestrafikk directly or to personnel on board the means of transport. They must contact the municipality and report their needs there.
How long is this valid?
- This applies to all new refugees who have arrived in the county after 1 March 2022.
- Free travel rights are initially valid until 1 June 2022, or until a Residence Card has been received.
All questions regarding this should be directed to our customer service centre on 777 88 777.